R134A is an HFC, it is a colourless, non-flammable gas at atmospheric pressure with a slight odour and supplied at low pressure in welded metal cylinders. All fluorocarbon refrigerant gases contain one or more carbon and fluorine atoms and are organic compounds. Atoms of chlorine, hydrogen and bromine may also be present.
R134A is used for common refrigeration applications that include domestic, commercial, transport and industrial refrigeration as well as residential, light, commercial, industrial and mobile air conditioning, DX chillers and centrifugal compressors.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
Starkes refrigeration gases feature a high density and low boiling point as well as low viscosity and surface tension. They have excellent chemical and thermal stability with the capacity to be supplied in liquefied gas form, using low pressure cylinders. Many of the current refrigeration and HVAC applications would not be possible without the use of fluorocarbon refrigerants.
- Asphyxiant at high concentrations
- Sudden expansion will produce low temperatures
- Wear safety goggles, protective gloves and overall and safety shoes when handling cylinders
- Increasing use as a replacement for CFC-12
- Has a high critical temperature, which ensures a good coefficient of performance especially at high condensing temperatures in air cooled systems.
- Wide household use in medium temperature food cabinets, water chillers and fountains, heat pumps and dehumidifiers.
- Blowing agent for various foams.
- Propellant for aerosol pharmaceuticals, mousses, insecticides, cleaning and other household products.